Thursday, June 9, 2016

Paleoterrorist No Fly List RATI

Call name Ptera.

My adorable little jack russell puppy earned her first title this past weekend at a Barn Hunt trial in Grants Pass. I entered her in one Instinct run for the weekend, and she nailed it. In Instinct, one Q gives you the RATI title.

Barn Hunt Instinct Title Ribbon-2220
Getting her not to hunch in photos is impossible!

I'm super proud of her. She is in heat, so had to wear panties for her run, so she didn't want to jump onto the hay bales at all. But when she came around the corner and smelled the rat, she was all business. The rat was in the first tube she came to, and she was immediately hooked. However, since she hadn't smelled the other tubes, and a lot of new dogs get faked out by the bedding tube (in Instinct, there is one empty tube, one bedding tube, and one rat tube), I spent a little bit of time trying to call her off that tube to smell the others. When it was obvious she wasn't going anywhere, I called rat, and yup, it was a rat! Our final time was 25 seconds and change.

So proud of my little girl. I can't wait to see what we can do in the future.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations!!! Looking forward to reading more about your new pup and your accomplishments!

    ReplyDelete