Monday, November 30, 2015

November Chewy Review

For the month of November, we were pleased to review one of Chewy.com's non-food items. We received a Benebone in exchange for our honest review.


The Benebone is a durable chew toy for dogs. They are not edible but are highly interesting for dogs. Koira was really excited when I pulled it out of the package for her. She has been happily chewing on it all month.

Koira is a power chewer, but not an intentional destroyer like some dogs. She chews and has fun chewing, but she doesn't seem to set out to destroy the thing she is chewing on. Kongs last forever with her- I've never had her even take a chunk out of one. So with that in mind, I would say that the Benebone is a great chew toy for a dog like Koira who loves to chew but not destroy.

The Benebone has visible marks from her chewing, but isn't significantly damaged. I would absolutely recommend supervising your dog while they chew this, especially the first few times, to make sure they aren't deliberately taking pieces off of it to swallow. A determined dog likely could take chunks off if they wanted to. But most dogs aren't going to try, and Koira greatly enjoys this toy without any sign of issue.

Unfortunately I was lazy and unable to get some good pictures of Koira enjoying her Benebone this month, and now being the last day of the month, I wanted to make sure I got my review up. So you'll just have to take my word for it that Koira really enjoys this chew toy, and that we would be happy purchasing another one of these in the future. If you are interested, Chewy.com currently has the Benebone on sale (regularly $16.99, now $11.49 for the regular size).

3 comments:

  1. Isn't it funny how the month can get away from you and all of the sudden you are out of days to get a review done! I couldn't believe I waited 'til the end! At least it fell on Cyber Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Koira sounds a lot like my dogs! That sounds like a great chew!

    ReplyDelete