Wednesday, May 7, 2014

On the Road

Normally, we travel for flyball tournaments. Occasionally, we'll travel for lure coursing. This time, we're on the road to BlogPaws.

Two years ago, I won a ticket to the BlogPaws conference in Salt Lake City. Me and the dogs took a road trip from Oregon to Utah to attend and had an amazing time. This year, we lucked out once again. Our blog-friend Snoopy bought a ticket, but ended up unable to attend the conference. But Snoopy and his mom are pretty awesome, and they offered to give their ticket to the first reader to message them asking for it- and that first person was me.

So, for two years now, I have been able to attend BlogPaws because of the awesome generosity of our fellow bloggers. This week, thanks to Snoopy, me and the dogs are headed down to Las Vegas, NV for the BlogPaws conference. I've never been to Las Vegas except for one brief stop at their airport years ago, and while it has never been on top of my list of places to go, I am pretty excited to see the city. It is pretty iconic, after all. And while I don't plan on blowing thousands on gambling or getting married by an Elvis impersonator, I think I can still enjoy the sights of Vegas.

Most of my time is going to be spent at the conference itself. I had a blast two years ago in Salt Lake, so I am confident the conference is going to be a lot of fun this year as well. But I do want to make sure I have a chance to do some exploring this time. While in Salt Lake, I never went farther than for a walk around the blocks near the hotel. The only sights I saw were the ones alongside the freeway on our drive. So when in Vegas, I will need to at least take a single trip to the Strip, if for no other reason than to snap a picture and say I've been there.

No comments:

Post a Comment