Monday, October 7, 2013

Run or Dye

On Saturday, I went and did a human thing. I ran my first 5k, the Run or Dye in Redmond, OR. It was a ton of fun. The race wasn't timed, so I don't actually know how long it took me to complete. I ended up running some and walking some, and I know I could have pushed myself to run more of it. However, I still had a ton of fun. I want to do another fun 5k (a themed one like this, though maybe a different theme), but I think a timed one would motivate me more to really run and give it my best effort.

GOPR7404
A bit dye throw in the "dye zone" after the finish of the race

Overall, though, I had a great time and am happy with how I did. After all, even though I was training for it, I did sprain both of my ankles three weeks ago, and get shin splints, both of which really put a cramp on training. Not to mention that Redmond (3000 ft above sea level) is a much higher elevation than where I live (250 ft above sea level)!

GOPR7503
Just after the big dye throw

And, I got totally drenched in dye! Some people walked away barely touched with a few splotches of dye. I was drenched head to toe.

GOPR7434
At the end of the race


9 comments:

  1. NICE! Congrats on your first 5k. I did the color run a few weeks ago and it was so much fun. Definitely want to do another one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a very fun and interesting outing :) It sounds like you did a very good job during the run and the photo of you covered in dye is very cool. Looks like it was lot's of fun. Milo & Jet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what fun! You look great! Did you roll around on butcher paper after that? That would have been cool.
    www.dogtreatweb.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crazy! From the first picture, I thought you went to a music festival. Good for you, I can walk and hike for miles, but I can't run 20 feet without feeling out of breath:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! That is just awesome and it does look like you had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your first 5K! Awesome job! Coming here from Runs for Cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They just had one of those in the city I work in, I heard it was fun, and very messy! Glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that you joined! I missed Run or Dye in San Francisco because we had a dragon boat race the same weekend - I was bummed! Hopefully it won't conflict next year. Congratulations on doing it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks like so much fun!! I wanted to do that race back in June but wasn't able too

    ReplyDelete