Monday, October 31, 2011

Menu Plan Monday- And Happy Halloween!

Well, I made no plan last week since I was dead tired from the flyball tournament Sunday evening and spent Monday recovering. By then, I just gave up on doing a plan. I ended up eating lots of random thing, none of them well planned. Ran to the store to pick something up too many times, and decided to just have a snack instead of a meal a few times too.

So enjoy the menu plan for me and the dogs, and a smattering of Halloween-ish pictures.



So, here goes for this week. As usual, I will probably make enough of each lunch/dinner dish for 2-4 meals and have the leftovers the next day or two.

Breakfasts: Cereal, french toast, garlic bread awesomeness (french rolls, in half, with super garlicy garlic butter spread on them, topped with cheddar, mozzarella, and parmesan cheese, in the toaster oven until the cheese gets all nice and brown on top)

Pallo thinks pumpkins are for eating

Lunch/Dinner: Chicken fajitas (chicken breasts, onion, red and green bell peppers, tortillas); Chicken chili; Cabbage and noodles (just cabbage, noodles, and a little butter cooked together); Breaded chicken w/ veggie sides; Cheesy zucchini and yellow squash bake (with bok choy thrown in); Crock pot pork roast with potatoes, carrots, onions (and probably some cabbage and bok choy).

Can you tell I bought a family size pack of chicken? And that I am working my way through a head of cabbage and a bunch of bok choy? These things don't really come in sizes appropriate to living alone. Luckily they keep for a good long time in the fridge, compared to other veggies.


Meals for the Beasts:

Pork. Every day. All week. With some goat liver and pork spleen on the side, perhaps.

Normally I mix it up more than this, but I got a huge thing of super meaty pork ribs that should last most of the week, with extra liver and organs on the side to cover the slight difference between the weight of this pork the and amount needed for the week. Pork ribs a totally edible by most dogs (most pork bones are edible). Normally, pork ribs are too boney to feed often, but these are tons of pork, just a little bone. Not sure whats going on with them, really, but they were on sale for 90 cents per pound, which is a steal of a deal on red meat (pork is red meat, no matter what the pork council tries to tell you).



For more menu planning ideas, visit I'm An Organizing Junkie and StoneGable

8 comments:

  1. Love the meals. Fajitas are my favorite. We buy a lot of chicken and work our way through it as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds delish! We buy the family size chicken too and do the same thing. The cheesy veggies sound great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy howl-o-ween! the kitty is exactly what you think of when you think of cats silhouettes on halloween decorations/jack-o-lanterns, etc.!

    ♥ yuki and rocket

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning..you woofies eat like the kings that you are. I love Chicken and Liver Fancy Feast...I wonder if that has goat's liver in it?
    Hugs Madi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great menu for the week! I didn't know you fed your dogs "real food" too. That's impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wait... pork is a red meat? For real? That makes me feel better about what I've been feeding Steve. I've been stressing that he doesn't get enough red meat, but he gets pork very regularly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woof! Woof! Hope you guys had a FUN enjoyable Halloween. WOW what a meal. Happy Tasty Tuesday. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum, I can eat chicken every day of the week too:) Great deal on the pork bones!

    ReplyDelete